This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Director of Music
All Saints Lutheran Church
Arlington, Texas, United States
Date Posted: 05/07/2008
Categories: Worship Pastor
Church Size: 351 to 500
Job Type: Full-Time
All Saints Lutheran seeks a Director of Music skilled in contemporary and traditional styles of worship. Primary responsibilities include directing our adult choir, our praise and worship team, and various other occasional ensembles.
All Saints Lutheran is a thriving congregation with over 400 members in worship each Sunday. While retaining its traditional musical heritage, All Saints has a very strong and growing contemporary music ministry.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Maintain an authentic and growing walk with Jesus Christ through the ongoing spiritual discipline of Bible reading, prayer, personal worship, and fellowship.
• Plan and coordinate all aspect of the worship service, including music selections, with the pastors and all other appropriate staff members.
• Demonstrate and provide spiritual growth and leadership to all those who serve in this ministry.
• Recruit, prepare and lead weekly rehearsals with traditional and contemporary musical groups for participation in services.
• Interact with sound, light, and computer volunteers to ensure a quality worship experience.
• Develop and coordinate special worship services for seasonal events.
• Assist in the preparation of an annual budget and musical calendar.
• 3 years experience in worship leading
• Keyboard skills are strongly desired
• Appreciate and excel in both traditional and contemporary music settings
• Strong team player with excellent communication skills
• Administrative and supervisory skills a plus