This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Student Ministries Director
Hartland, Wisconsin, United States
Date Posted: 05/13/2008
Categories: Youth Pastor
Church Size: 501 to 750
Job Type: Full-Time
Student Ministries Director
Westbrook Church - Delafield, WI
Primary Purpose: The primary purpose of this position is to provide servant leadership, care, and direction to the Westbrook Junior High and Senior High Ministries, working with volunteers to engage the youth of the congregation to become fully devoted followers of Jesus Christ, living to fulfill His mission in their world.
Responsible to: Senior Pastor
Position Overview: The responsibilities of the Student Ministries Director are varied and far reaching. The position calls for a person who is passionate about youth, ages 6th grade through 12th grade, and is willing to invest their life introducing, and mentoring them in a growing relationship with Jesus Christ. This person must have a solid cultural understanding of youth today, and specifics on how to reach and minister to them. This person will require both administrative and leadership skills; recruiting, training, and leading a team of volunteers, both youth and adults, to partner with them in pursuit of this purpose. This person will have a solid Biblical foundation, able to communicate both verbally and by example, truth from God’s Word, connecting it to the mind and hearts of youth. This person will work at developing relationships with parents, helping the home to be a vital resource for spiritual growth.
Position Status: Full-time, Exempt Employee
1. Born again relationship with Jesus Christ demonstrated by a life of obedience to the precepts of the Bible.
2. A minimum of a B.A. or B.S. Degree, with Biblical Studies included as part of the studies. A graduate degree is desirable.
3. Demonstrated ability to understand and relate to both Junior High and Senior High youth and families.
4. Previous experience mentoring and discipling youth.
5. Communication skills, both oral and written.
6. Organization skills, the ability to plan, recruit, delegate, evaluate, and to follow through on details.
7. Endorse and support Westbrook Church Constitution, Statement of Faith, and Purpose Statement.
8. Is a Team player, willing to integrate youth ministries in the overall life of Westbrook Church.
9. Seeks excellence in every aspect of Youth Ministry.
10. A learner with a Servant Attitude.
11. Willing and able to work a flexible schedule, including time away from the Church leading ministry events such as a retreat.
1. Be involved in the lives of teens, and their families, developing relationships that promote and provide opportunities to shepherd and assist teens in growing a relationship with Jesus Christ.
2. Recruit, oversee and lead Student Leadership Teams that will assist in the planning and facilitating of weekly meetings and other youth ministry events.
3. Encourage and connect teens to discipleship and mentoring relationships.
4. Plan and lead, as appropriate, special events such as; ministry trips, retreats, outreach activities, short term mission opportunities.
5. Provide appropriate pastoral care such as counseling and visitation for teens and their families.
6. Recruit, train and oversee adult leaders for small group leading and relationship building.
7. Develop, communicate, and implement a philosophy of youth ministry that is connected and supportive of the overall Westbrook Church ministry.
8. Communicate clearly and consistently with leaders, parents, and teens the youth ministry schedules, goals, and expectations.
9. Develop ways to receive and gain in nd evaluation from parents, leaders, and teens regarding different aspects of the Youth Ministry.
10. Join weekly with the Westbrook Pastoral team for prayer, encouragement, information, and accountability.
11. Submit a yearly budget and operate within approved budget.
12. Supervise any administrative assistants or interns as assigned.
13. Meet regularly with supervisory Pastor.
14. Help youth develop a Christian world view, integrating them with vibrant faith into the life and activity of Westbrook Church.
Candidates: Please submit your cover letter and resume via email to: HR@westbrookchurch.com in a Word, PDF or compatible format. We prefer all inquiries via email but if you need to reach someone by phone Monday – Thursday, please call
262-367-8422 ext. 226.
To learn more about Westbrook Church, please visit: www.westbrookchurch.com