This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Jr High Pastor
Wheaton Bible Church
Wheaton, Illinois, United States
Date Posted: 05/13/2008
Categories: Youth Pastor
Denominations: Bible Church
Church Size: 2501 to 3000
Job Type: Full-Time
Junior High Pastor
Wheaton Bible Church
Send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Title: Junior High Pastor
Hours: Full Time/Salary
Supervisor: Jeremy Tullis, Student Ministries Pastor
• Be committed to holiness and developing your personal walk with God in order to model and lead others in their faith.
• (If married) Love your wife as Christ loved the church. She is to be your highest earthy priority.
• (If a parent) Disciple your children to know God and love Him. The active and strategic discipleship of your own children must be a higher priority than your discipleship of others. The regular practice of worshipping God at home with your family is an important personal priority for pastors at WBC.
• Serve as a part of the Student Ministries leadership team for vision casting, ministry direction, and planning.
• To serve as the point leader for the Junior High Ministry, and seek to advance our mission of partnering with parents to help students love God, grow together, and reach the world.
• Participate as a member of the staff team for the general body of Wheaton Bible Church and be available to assist in general duties as opportunities arise.
• Pursue professional, personal, and spiritual development.
Specific Responsibilities for Junior High Ministry:
• Provide primary pastoral leadership for junior high students and their families
In partnership with the Student Ministries staff team to continually shape and develop a biblically centered ministry. The strategy and vision will be clearly communicated to parents, staff, and students.
• Seek to strategically engage parents in the ministry to their children
Look for innovative ways to call and equip parents to fulfill their God given responsibility to train their children in the Lord. Equip parents to how to have effective spiritual conversations with their teens at home. Provide families with tools for family worship. Approach your ministry with the mindset that parents are responsible for the spiritual life of their teen, and that you are there to help them succeed.
• Develop personal discipleship relationships with students
Pursue personal relationships with students outside of regular Herd events for the purpose of helping them grow spiritually.
• Teach the Bible with clarity and creativity
Study, preparation, creativity, and conviction should be prioritized in every message. Equip others to do the same. Help junior high students to engage their hearts and get the most out of the the all-church worship service each Sunday morning.
• Provide ongoing leadership for key Herd programs
Major weekly programs include Sunday morning, Tuesday nights, Thursday morning breakouts, and special events and retreats. The existence, purpose and focus of these programs will change as vision changes. Ministry programs should be continually reviewed as to how well they are effective in helping us accomplish our mission.
• Communicate clearly with students, parents, and other staff
Utilize all necessary forms of communication to keep people up to speed. Professionalism, detail, and timeliness are key in communication, whether written or electronic. Innovation and creativity through internet ministry will be especially important in reaching students.
• Missions and Service
Ongoing service and summer missions are a key part of the junior high program.
• Managing all finances related to junior high ministry
Develo nd tracking budgets throughout the year.
• Upkeep of the Herd Room
Taking care of all electronics, storage, and general upkeep of the Herd room.