This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Audio Ministry Supervisor
Park Street Church
Boston, Massachusetts, United States
Date Posted: 05/19/2008
Church Size: 1501 to 2000
Job Type: Part-Time
Park Street Church is celebrating nearly 200 years of God's faithfulness in the center of Boston. We are an evangelical church and are international. On an average Sunday, 59 individual nations are represented by our congregation, of which approximately one half are in their twenties and thirties. Nearly forty percent of our congregants are university students. To learn more about Park Street go to www.parkstreet.org.
PARK STREET CHURCH
AUDIO MINISTRY SUPERVISOR
The Audio Ministry Supervisor will report to the Director of Communications for all aspects of the job.
The Audio Ministry Supervisor will supervise all part-time sound staff and volunteers and any temporary staff and interns that may be assigned to assist with department tasks and goals.
The Audio Ministry Supervisor will be responsible:
1. For recruiting scheduling and training of paid personnel and volunteer sound crew members as is sufficient to fulfill the responsibilities of this department including worship services, weddings, missions conference, annual children’s cantata, choir concerts, special events, etc.
2. for weekly production of sermon CDs for sale on Sunday mornings, fulfillment of special orders, staff requests, and weekly subscriptions, and other occasional audio recording requests as required.
3. for maintenance of both an analog and digital archive of sermon recordings and some music recordings;
4. for administrative responsibilities associated with after-service audio CD sales;
5. for purchasing, maintaining, training and assigning church audio and computer based production and projection equipment, in conjunction with facilities management, worship service leadership, and ministerial staff;
6. to coordinate other special projects and perform other duties as directed by the Director of Communications.
TIME COMMITMENT EXPECTATIONS
Time requirements average 15 hours per week, but will fluctuate slightly depending on department schedules and needs. Schedule flexibility to work on Sundays (fairly regularly) and Saturdays (occasionally) is necessary.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS & CHARACTERISTICS
1. Willingness to serve Christ and His church.
2. Maturity of character and gifts of discernment.
3. Bachelor’s degree and/or special tech training and/or significant experience in some aspect of audio or other communications media.
4. Demonstrated technical skills and intuitive “fix-it” characteristics;
5. Good interpersonal, networking, scheduling, training, and supervisory skills.
6. Dependability and punctuality.
RECOMMENDED QUALIFICATIONS & CHARACTERISTICS
1. Hands-on computer skills with a good working knowledge of basic word processing, PowerPoint and digital reproduction software.
2. Good organizational and administrative skills.
3. Familiarity with Park Street Church, the nature of its congregation, its ethos, guiding principles and doctrines.
OTHER EXPECTATIONS AND OPPORTUNITIES
1. Candidate must be in agreement with Park Street Church’s Statement of Faith.
2. Selected candidate will be expected to become a member of Park Street Church, become vitally involved and participate in the general life and ministry of the church.
3. Commitment to teamwork and building good working relationships with other church staff and partner ministries is very important.