This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Worship & Creative Arts Pastor
EdgeWater Church (New Church Start)
Southside, Alabama, United States
Date Posted: 05/20/2008
Categories: Worship Pastor
Church Size: 50 to 100
Job Type: Full-Time
EdgeWater Church is a new, non-denominational church-start in the Southside (Gadsden) region of Alabama. We are excited about this new opportunity in Southside. We are looking for a strong leader to oversee the creative arts ministry of this new, contemporary church. Presently the church meets at Gadsden State Community College.
The ideal candidate will have a passion for all types of worship and be able to lead contemporary praise teams, ensembles, as well as a praise band and vocal groups.
The ideal candidate will not only be gifted vocally and instrumentally, but he will have a true pastor’s heart. Performance is great, but people are the key for us!
The ideal candidate will be able to answer “yes” to the following questions:
- Are you driven to lead others into God’s presence?
- Are you a leader with a pastor’s heart?
- Do you bleed community and love people?
- Are you an accomplished, trained musician?
- Has God blessed you with a vocal gift that is affirmed by others?
Required Experience / Skills:
- Experience leading the worship program of a mid-size church (250+ in weekly attendance)
- Equally gifted in leading blended as well as contemporary formats.
- Experience leading, growing, and developing praise bands, vocal teams and musical groups.
- A proven track record of developing/growing an existing worship program.
- A worship philosophy that recognizes that worship is not as much about methodology as it is a celebration of who God is and what He wants from us.
- A history of working as part of a team - working closely with senior pastor, senior staff, and the worship ministry.
- Must be able to connect with a diversity of ages represented by the church's attenders.
- The ability to lead worship proficiently with an acoustic or electric guitar rather than perform.
- Strong vocal ability with range, depth, and clarity in style and presentation.
- Must have a good musical ear and the ability to help others learn parts.
- Must have a strong work ethic and a passion for growth and strategic planning.
- Must be well organized.
- Must be deeply grounded and versed in the Scripture.
Preferred Experience / Skills:
• Bachelor’s Degree or its equivalent.
• At least 3 years experience in worship leadership.
If you believe God is calling you to be part of building something brand new in the area of Worship and Creative Arts, forward your resume’, cover letter, and at least one sample (CD, DVD, Myspace, Youtube link, etc) demonstrating your skills as a Worship Pastor. Send all information to Richie Lewis at email@example.com or 207 Hollingsworth Ave., Apt 7, Rainbow City, AL 35906.