This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Associate Pastor of Young Adults
River Oaks Community Church
Goshen, Indiana, United States
Date Posted: 01/19/2009
Categories: Associate Pastor
Denominations: Evangelical Free
Church Size: 1001 to 1500
Job Type: Full-Time
POSITION TITLE: Associate Pastor of Young Adults
Denomination: Evangelical Free
Worship Style: Contemporary
Location: Goshen, IN
Salary Range: Commensurate with Experience
Church Size: 900 to 1200
Job Status: Full Time
• Growth opportunity! Our church is 19 years old and is gearing up for the next phase in our growth. We are looking to add a Pastor to the ministry team to be a key in growing our ministry today and for the next decade. The Senior (and founding) Pastor is a relevant and gifted teacher - we are looking for someone to come alongside him to reach the younger generation as well as shoulder some of the preaching load on Sunday mornings.
• Our philosophy of ministry is three pronged: GO to our community with lifestyle evangelism, GROW our people in their faith / walk, SHOW compassion and love to the poor in life and spirit.
• One of our greatest strengths is that we are a lay driven church comprised of very talented and motivated servants who pour themselves into our ministries and leadership roles.
This person will:
• Provide leadership and facilitate growth of the “Our Generation” ministry numerically as well as building tomorrow’s spiritual leaders. “Our Generation” is for young adults who are post-high school through early thirties and include those single, married, with or without children
• Be a very skilled preacher / teacher / mentor to “Our Generation”
• Preach in the main Sunday services up to 10 times a year.
• Supervise pastors and staff for youth and children departments.
• Be a strong team leader that crosses ministry “territories” to assist in whole church vision implementation. This is a talented staff looking for the right leader to partner with them for success.
• Embrace and build ministry for our philosophy of developing fully devoted followers of Jesus Christ who will go to the lost with the message of Christ, grow in their faith through a pursuit of Christ and show compassion to the poor through the love of Christ.
Bible College or Seminary degree
Large group teaching experience
Significant Preaching Experience
Exceptional communication skills
Proven ability to envision, recruit, build teams, develop and direct staff and lay leaders
Proven ability to develop and implement strategy
Passion for teaching in multiple venues
Desired Gifts, Skills, Talents, and Passions:
• Teaching / Preaching
• Motivated Leadership
• Ability to coach volunteers
• Passionate about spiritual development and the Word
• Functional level of administration skills
• Perform general pastoral duties when necessary
• Actively exercising a strong passion for evangelism
• At least 5 years senior staff experience in a church of 500 or more in weekly attendance
• At least 3 years experience managing a full-time pastoral staff and lay leaders
• Willingness to serve in Northern Indiana
• A SUCCESSFUL track record of the following:
• Developing leaders, paid and volunteer
• Dynamic, Relevant Preaching
• Effective communication with all levels - STRONG INTERPERSONAL SKILLS ARE A MUST
• Strategic and critical thinking
• Problem solving
• Exhibit a growing relationship with Christ, demonstrating Godly character and Christian disciplines in keeping with
elder qualifications as laid out in 1 Tim 3
• Demonstrate a passion for and personal practice of evangelism
• Become a member of the church
• Exhibit a vibrant, Biblical Christian life style
• Self-motivated, strong vision for the future of the Church
• Reports directly to Senior Pastor
• Interfaces regularly with elders
Please make sure you meet all requirements/qualifications.
All candidate submissions will require a VIDEO, a cover email and a resume in word.doc format attached.
Church: River Oaks Community Church
Contact: Attn: Tim Wietstock, Chairman, AP Search Committee
Phone: (574) 875-1152
Address: 58020 C.R. 115, Goshen IN 46526