This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Director of Christian Education and Church Programs
St Francis United Methodist Church
Charlotte, North Carolina, United States
Date Posted: 05/23/2008
Categories: Children's Pastor
Denominations: United Methodist
Church Size: 251 to 350
Job Type: Full-Time
Job Title: Director of Christian Education and Church Programs
Summary: This is a ministry leadership position primarily responsible for develo nd overseeing nurture and outreach ministries with children and adults.
Qualifications: The Director of Christian Education and Church Programs will have a call and passion Christian education with a particular emphasis upon children. A bachelor’s degree is required and educational training within the United Methodist tradition is preferred.
Accountability: The Director of Christian Education and Church Programs reports to the senior pastor.
Scope: The Director of Christian Education and Church Programs will work collaboratively with the senior pastor, staff and relevant lay leadership to plan, implement and evaluate the Christian education ministries of the congregation.
1. Work with the pastor, the Christian Education Committee and other leaders within the church to provide an effective and meaningful Christian education program;
2. Oversee the Sunday school program by recruiting, training and supporting teachers, assisting in the choice and development of curriculum and providing supplies;
3. Lead the Children’s Ministry of the Church by identifying, develo nd implementing enrichment opportunities for children such as Vacation Bible School, the Christmas play and season workshops;
4. Identify and develop adult nurture and outreach ministries that focus upon discipleship and are consistent with the United Methodist Church and the mission of Saint Francis;
5. Work with the pastor to strengthen the lay leadership of the church by building relationships and recruiting, equip nd supporting volunteers;
6. Oversee compliance with Safe Sanctuary plan and procedures;
7. Work with the pastor and other leaders to enhance communication within and beyond the church through the website, newsletter and other resources;
8. Stay current by attending relevant educational opportunities relevant to the position;
9. Oversee the budget items related to Christian education within the church, advocate for education needs in the budgetary process, and lead fundraising activities as needed to fund ministries beyond the church budget;
10. Work with the St. Francis Preschool Director to foster continuity between the preschool and the overall mission of St. Francis
11. Maintain records of education programs, participation and inventory including both permanent equipment and consumables.
12. Participate in the worship life of St Francis;
13. Keep accessible office hours and be available for staff meetings.
14. Other duties as assigned and agreed upon with the supervisor that are within the general scope of the position.
This is a salaried, fulltime position.
The time required is estimated at forty hours weekly, based on an annual calendar of activity that may have seasonal variation. The Director of Christian Education and Church Programs is expected to be present on Sunday morning, and at all other times that children’s programs are in operation, or when relevant staff and committee meetings are being held.