This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Grace Point EFC
Adrian, Michigan, United States
Date Posted: 05/31/2008
Categories: Senior Pastor
Denominations: Evangelical Free
Church Size: 351 to 500
Job Type: Full-Time
Position: Lead Pastor
The Lead Pastor should understand and follow God's desires for leadership in the church as outlined in 1Timothy 3:2-7 and Titus 1:6-9. This role must also be willing to serve within our team leadership structure.
The Lead Pastor will provide leadership to the church in carrying out its mission, vision and core values through effective teaching, preaching and administrative oversight.
1. Preserve, protect and proclaim the Word of God
2. Serve as the primary teaching pastor of a teaching team. Be responsible for the morning worship team ministry to bring a unified theme each Sunday morning.
3. Develop a teaching and preaching team.
4. Integrate and carryout God's vision for the mission, programs and facilities of Grace Point.
5. Instill the value of prayer in the congregation and ensure that prayer is central to all aspects of worship, ministry and training.
6. Lead, develop, equip and maintain unity with the core leaders of Grace Point.
7. Have oversight of all small groups seeking to equip all leaders with the necessary knowledge and expertise to have successful small group interaction and training.
8. Be available for pastoral care and short term counseling (conduct weddings, baptisms, baby dedications, funerals and visitation)
The Lead Pastor should also be able to demonstrate the following:
a. A passionate, growing personal relationship with Jesus Christ, as evidenced by a vibrant prayer life, fruitfulness and stable family life.
b. A heart for lost people while develo nd implementing a strategy for evangelism that fits Grace Point.
c. Extensive training/knowledge of the Bible and biblical interpretation with the gift of relating Scripture in practical ways that can change lives through the Holy Spirit.
d. A commitment to sustained excellence and quality.
e. The ability to lead people, pulling out God given gifts within each person on the team.
f. Team with Vision Pastor to creatively and effectively communicate vision.
Minimum of a Masters Degree
Four years of Senior or Lead Pastor experience
Two years managing and/or overseeing church staff
Resumes should be submitted electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org and sermon samples be submitted as a wave file or on a DVD.