This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
RiverTree Community Church
Byron Township, Michigan, United States
Date Posted: 05/31/2008
Categories: Children's Pastor
Church Size: 251 to 350
Job Type: Part-Time
Who are We Looking For?
1. Someone committed to the core essentials of the Christian faith (as represented by RiverTree’s faith statement)
2. Someone who “gets” RiverTree – e.g., seeker-sensitive ministry, our commitment to authenticity, etc.
3. Someone who exhibits a real, ongoing, growing relationship with God
4. Someone with a heartfelt, God-given passion for the spiritual education of children (nursery - 5th grade)
5. Someone who is an administrative and a good last-minute problem solver
6. Someone familiar with Christian education volunteer training, curriculum selection, etc.
7. Someone who can think creatively about maximizing the Sunday morning children’s hour, even if it is a little out of the box
8. Someone who is a team player, willing to work hand in hand with a core group of committed volunteers
What will They Do?.
1. Work hand in hand with the RiverKids Vision Team to coordinate, evaluate, and supervise the entire RiverKids program, including nursery.
2. Sunday morning administration, leadership, and problem-solving
3. Volunteer training
4. Be RiverTree’s key researcher of C.E. trends, approaches, curriculum, etc.
5. 15-20 hours/weekly
What will We Do for Them?
1. Appropriate monetary compensation for their ministry
2. A supportive, encouraging core of committed RiverKids volunteers, coupled with a church committed to team ministry
3. Time for personal and professional development
4. One-on-one spiritual support from our Lead Pastor
5. A creative church willing to try new things and step outside the norm
6. Being a part of a church that is actually reaching the un- and de-churched, not just talking about it
Here's a little about RiverTree:
RT is a nine-year church plant that has an established track record of accomplishing its mission of reaching "the unaffected" in the greater south Grand Rapids area. "The unaffected" are Christians looking engage more and live more missionally, dechurched who have been burned by church, underdeveloped Christians who weren't nurtured in other church environments, and the truly unchurched or non-Christian. To that end, check this out - within our district of 35+ churches, RT has had over 80% of the adult baptisms over the last five years. Want more? We've seen RT grow by 25% in the last eight months alone.
Check out RiverTree's life verses - Jer. 17.7-8. They are our grounding vision: we plant lives, we root them, we teach them how to endure hardship, and we help them become fruitful, all via deep and lasting trust in God.
We are building RT on missional intent to "the unaffected," on being real and authentic (and not particularly churchy), on being lay-driven, and on the process laid out in our life verses.
Want to make a difference? Want to be a part of a church that's making a dent for Jesus among the turned-off and disheartened? Then RT is for you...
What to Do Next:
Contact the church office and ask Chris Smith, our administrative guru, to send you a complete job description and questionnaire. Return the completed questionnaire and your resume to RT by 6/30/08. Church office contact info. - 616-531-3500, email@example.com.