This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
RiverTree Community Church
Byron Township, Michigan, United States
Date Posted: 05/31/2008
Categories: Worship Pastor
Church Size: 251 to 350
Job Type: Part-Time
RiverTree Worship Director
Who are We Looking For?
1. Someone committed to the core essentials of the Christian faith (as represented by RiverTree’s faith statement)
2. Someone who “gets” RiverTree – e.g., seeker-sensitive ministry, our commitment to authenticity, etc.
3. Someone who exhibits a real, ongoing, growing relationship with God
4. Someone with a heartfelt, God-given passion for worship
5. Someone who is a gifted musician and band leader, but, more importantly, able to coordinate various worship teams and rotations
6. Someone savvy in AVL (audio, video, lightning) and able to coordinate that team
7. Someone who can think creatively about worship elements and order, tailor-making each service to work as a whole to communicate the desired message
8. Someone committed to a team-based approach to church
What will They Do?
1. Work hand in hand with the Lead Pastor in worship service planning.
2. Work hand in hand with the Worship Vision Team to coordinate, evaluate, and supervise the music, AVL, and design aspects of worship, including selections of songs and artists
3. Coordinate rotating worship teams, which entails volunteer recruitment and development, among other things
4. Leading worship team practice and Sunday worship – or supporting those who are slated to do so
What will We Do for Them?
1. Appropriate monetary compensation for their ministry
2. A supportive, encouraging core of committed worship volunteers, coupled with a church committed to team ministry
3. Time for personal and professional development
4. One-on-one spiritual support from our Lead Pastor
5. A creative church willing to try new things and step outside the norm
6. Being a part of a church that is actually reaching the un- and de-churched, not just talking about it
7. 15-20 hours/weekly
To Whom are They Responsible?
1. Like all staff at RT, they will be ultimately responsible to the RT Leadership Team and will report to the Lead Pastor
2. The Worship Vision Team will assist the Worship Director in achieving the responsibilities of the position
Here's a little about RiverTree:
RT is a nine-year church plant that has an established track record of accomplishing its mission of reaching "the unaffected" in the greater south Grand Rapids area. "The unaffected" are Christians looking engage more and live more missionally, dechurched who have been burned by church, underdeveloped Christians who weren't nurtured in other church environments, and the truly unchurched or non-Christian. To that end, check this out - within our district of 35+ churches, RT has had over 80% of the adult baptisms over the last five years. Want more? We've seen RT grow by 25% in the last eight months alone.
Look over RiverTree's life verses - Jer. 17.7-8. They are our grounding vision: we plant lives, we root them, we teach them how to endure hardship, and we help them become fruitful, all via deep and lasting trust in God.
We are building RT on missional intent to "the unaffected," on being real and authentic (and not particularly churchy), on being lay-driven, and on the process laid out in our life verses.
Want to make a difference? Want to be a part of a church that's making a dent for Jesus among the turned-off and disheartened? Then RT is for you...
What to Do Next:
Contact the church office and ask Chris Smith, our administrative guru, to send you a complete job description and questionnaire. Return the completed questionnaire and your resume to RT by 6/30/08. Church office contact info. - 616-531-3500, firstname.lastname@example.org.