Do you crave responsibility? Are you a risk taker? Do you seize work without being asked?
God Has Dream You Have Not Imagined.
You’re an a-type leader and visionary who has a dream of a better future. Is it possible that God has a dream for your life, you yourself have not imagined-- an Adventure you have not mapped?
If you dream of doing life with an unengaged 10/40 window demographic, God has a dream for you in Natomas.
If you dream of developing leaders for 30K of the next gen we serve, God has a dream for you in Natomas.
If you dream of seizing family memories at Lake Tahoe, Yosemite, or Napa,
God has a dream for you in Natomas.
If you dream of being on a staff of the top 10% of leaders, God has a dream for you in Natomas that you yourself have not dreamed.
Student & College Pastor
The mission of the Student & College Pastor is to equip a growing number of parents and volunteers to create communities of students and young adults who are bringing Jesus’ hope to an imperfect world.
The Student & College pastor should have the following spiritual gifts
- Shepherding- A deep love and desire to care for people, specifically students and young adults and a desire to spend time with them.
- Teaching- The ability to take the timeless truth of scripture and communicate it in a way that is practical and relevant to students and young adults.
- Administration- the ability to create the systems and organizational structures that support ministry beyond what any one person is capable of doing.
The Student & College Pastor is a leader who:
- Inspires Action – You have a natural infectious style that inspires others to jump into whatever you’re doing with both feet.
- Develops people – Every person you meet oozes potential and you can’t wait to help them develop their God-given abilities.
- Executes Excellence – You don’t just have big ideas, you bring people and resources together to execute the details that make good ideas great experiences.
- Celebrates Diversity – Jesus loves the little children of the world just isn’t a song you sing, it’s a reality you celebrate in your home, neighborhood, church, and community.
- Loves life – Let’s just say it, you’re not boring – because no one wants to work with a boring teammate.
- Practices and masters the Exponential Model of apprenticeship as you develop volunteers and leaders.
- Does-life with un-engaged neighbors once a month-- making BOLD MOVES to share his/her Jesus story.
The Student & College Pastor will:
- Create a compelling vision that energizes parents, leaders, and volunteers to work together to make the next generation of disciples.
- Invest relationally in the lives of students and young adults by spending time at games, on campuses, community events, and Jamba’s challenging them to take a NEXT STEP at Adventure (twice weekly).
- Inspire and equip five high-capacity volunteers through a weekly growth group for 9-18 months who will invest their lives in making the next generation of disciples in children’s ministry.
- Create compelling environments and reproducing communities for students and young adults to connect with one another, adult leaders, and God reaching a three month average of 20% in attendance of our adult service.
- Execute buzz worthy, unforgettable events that invite students and young adults in our community to experience a taste of life in God’s kingdom.
A successful student and college pastor candidate will not only agree with these values, but also be excited about seeing them lived out in our community. The successful candidate will be able to point to evidence in his or her own life of these values.
Our core values as a church are
Bold Moves: We seek to be a church full of people who take bold moves to share their Jesus story with our neighbors, friends, and coworkers.
People Matter: We seek to be a church that actively demonstrates that every person matters to God. In our actions, words, and attitudes we want to continuously live this out.
Come as you are: We seek to be a church where no one ever questions whether or not they belong here. Everyone is welcome. Everyone belongs. You can always come as you are. Our job is to love people well. We can’t do that if we don’t let
people come as they are.
Team above individual: There will be times where one ministry or department has to sacrifice in order for the whole church to thrive. We are looking for a candidate who is passionate about their department but is even more passionate about
the welfare of the whole church.
Go the extra mile: While each staff member has a specific job description, there will be times when it’s “all hands on deck” During those times or season we want staff that will help each other out and work to see something succeed.
Laugh together: We spend 40+ hours together per week. We want to be a team that actually likes being around each other. Life is too short to work alongside people who don’t enjoy each other’s company. Therefore we prioritize staff relationships
and the ability to laugh and have fun together.
Practice our core competencies: While everyone is different we all want to be committed to three things: being humble, hungry, and smart. It is impossible to have a healthy church staff culture if those three things are missing
as a team or as an individual. Humble is all about recognizing others and acknowledging their contributions. It’s a lack of self-centeredness and ego.
Hungry means you are passionate for the mission of Adventure. You don’t have to be outwardly motivated because you are internally motivated to see the mission lived out. You aren’t looking for how to get out of work or do less. You are enthusiastic
about seeing Jesus’ Hope come to everyone in Natomas. Smart is all about being relationally intelligent. It means you can work well with others and you recognize how you come across to other people. You speak but you also listen. You lead, but you
don’t steamroll people. People don’t feel ignored or used by you.