This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Pastor of Student Ministries
New Hyde Park Baptist Church
New Hyde Park, New York, United States
Date Posted: 05/31/2008
Categories: Youth Pastor
Church Size: 251 to 350
Job Type: Full-Time
New Hyde Park Baptist Church (NHPBC) is seeking a full–time Pastor of Student Ministries for an evangelical congregation of about 350 people. The candidate will be replacing our current pastor of 2.5 years who is leaving to start a new ministry in June. This is a full-time paid position that includes housing, medical and paid vacation. The ideal person is someone who has a heart for the Lord and a gift for connecting with young people from a both an evangelistic and discipleship perspective. We are looking for someone who has applied God’s truth into the way he lives out his faith in today’s world. He will be responsible for developing strategies whose objectives are to impress on our youth the importance of the love of Christ and His transforming power for their salvation and for their daily Christian walk.
• Minimum of 2 years experience (part or full time) with a Christian Youth Ministry or Christian Education Institution is required.
• Undergraduate degree in youth work or a related field is required.
• Graduate or post graduate degree from seminary is desirable.
• Proven leader who is able to promote a vision for a growing youth ministry, as well as, develop and implement a strategy that can be executed by the Youth Ministry Team.
• Comfortable with reformed theology.
• Is sensitive to the climate both of the local culture of Long Island and the broader cultural trends of our time.
• Recruit and train Youth Ministry Team members.
• Lead youth group Sunday mornings and evenings.
• Meet regularly with parents and youth team.
• Communicate regularly concerning events and activities with all parities involved within Student Ministries.
• Plan and coordinate youth retreats and mission trips.
• Build relationships with teens, including going to community events, school sports events, local outreaches etc.
• Desire to use other gifts to minister to congregation in areas such as: worship, music, missions, administration, college and career, sports etc.
WHAT IS NHPBC?
NHPBC is an evangelical church located on Long Island, approximately 15 miles from downtown Manhattan. Within 5 miles of the Church there are over 600,000 people of which less than 5% attend a Protestant church. Our congregation is ethnically and racially diverse. We affirm that the Bible, in its entirety, is binding upon our faith and practice and are committed to preaching and teaching from God’s Word. The Church’s Articles of Faith includes believing in the work of Holy Spirit in the calling, regeneration and sanctification of the believer. We believe in justification by faith alone through Jesus Christ. We currently run two Sunday morning worship services with a blended worship style, Adult Bible Fellowships and Sunday School. We have a main sanctuary, which seats approximately 330 people, a gymnasium, three parsonages and various classrooms in two separate buildings. In addition to Student Ministries, other church ministries include: MOPS, Women’s Ministry, Small Groups, Senior Ministries, Pioneer Girls and Christian Service Brigade.
If you are interested please forward your resume and a cover letter to our church office at firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information please visit our website at www.nhpbc.com.