This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Youth Pastor/ Student Ministries Director
Peninsula Christian Center
Redwood City, California, United States
Date Posted: 06/04/2008
Categories: Youth Pastor
Denominations: Assemblies of God
Church Size: 151 to 250
Job Type: Full-Time
RIGHTEOUS MINISTRY OPPORTUNITY
Position: Youth Pastor, full-time
Salary + Benefits: Yes! (Somewhere between what you are worth and what we can afford!)
Date of Hire: ASAP
Church: Peninsula Christian Center (Assemblies of God)
Address: 1305 Middlefield Road, Redwood City, CA, 94063
Phone: 650.368.3821 Fax: 650.368.0790 Website: www.peninsulachristiancenter.com
Contact: Gary Peters, Lead Pastor, firstname.lastname@example.org
WHO WE ARE:
• We are a charismatic church with contemporary worship in a casual atmosphere. (No ties!)
• We are passionate about worship, evangelism, and discipleship.
• We sing the most current choruses and our musical style is rock/alternative/blues. (Dude, we rock!)
• Our Sunday morning attendance averages around 200 adults, youth, and kids
• We currently have a four member staff team consisting of Lead Pastor, Executive Pastor, Children’s Director, and Office Manager. Our Current Youth Pastor is being sent out with our blessing to plant a church in the Sacramento area.
• Our leadership style is relational and team-oriented. (Translation: the lead pastor is not a jerk!)
• We are located on the beautiful Bay area peninsula, smack dab between San Francisco and San Jose. 15 minutes from SFO and 25 minutes from SJC.
• Our church is located in downtown Redwood City where we are trying to make a lasting difference in our community and in our world. Redwood City is the county seat of San Mateo County with a population just under 1 million. 3-4% of our county are church attendees. In other words…”the fields are white..”
• Our Core Values: Real, Reaching, Relevant, Relational (check out our website to see what this means)
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
• First and foremost, we are looking for someone who has a fervent, unquenchable, and sincere love for God and a for young people
• Secondly, we need someone who has an obvious and proven gift for leading this generation’s youth into a dynamic and deep relationship with the Lord.
• He or she must be teachable, humble, and have a servant’s heart. (No superstars, please!)
• People skills and the ability to work with teens and their parents. (You know how hard that can be!)
• Ability to lead worship is a plus, but not a must.
• Experience as a youth pastor is not necessary, but the heart and gifts are.
• This position includes college, high school, and junior high school aged youth.
• Basic computer skills are helpful. (Like, can you turn it on?)
• Having a sense of humor is as important as having a pulse. (You gotta love to laugh!)
• Please send PICTURE and RESUME