This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Director of Children's Music
Menlo Park Presbyterian Church
Menlo Park, California, United States
Date Posted: 06/04/2008
Categories: Worship Pastor
Denominations: Presbyterian -- PCUSA
Church Size: 3001 to 4000
Job Type: Full-Time
This staff member is responsible for conducting choirs, teaching music skills and worship awareness with spiritual depth to children from grades K through 12.
• Plan for and give direction to children’s and youth choirs Kindergarten through 12. (Three to Four Choirs total)
• Instruct and prepare children and youth vocal soloists and other ensembles
• Develop outreach to the community through performances and bi-annual concerts.
• Plan and organize bi-annual concerts including selection of repertoire, staging, and instrumental support.
• Prepare choirs for leadership in worship services as scheduled.
• Coordinate with Accompanists and Media Tech personnel for rehearsals, concerts and performances.
• Recruit and organize parents and volunteers to support the program
• Occasionally provide backup Direction for Adult Choirs
• DESIRED PERSONALITY TRAITS: Servant heart.
• GIFTS, TALENTS, ABILITIES: Leadership and People Skills, Excellent Musician
• EDUCATION & SKILLS: Bachelor of Music or equivalent
• Highly skilled musician
• Must love to work with children and youth
• Must have experience planning repertoire and conducting large children’s choirs
• Must have planning, administrative and ‘people’ skills
• Demonstrate skills in working with parents and volunteers
• Demonstrate Team work skills.
• Must be proficient in varied musical styles and willing to motivate musicians of all levels
SPIRITUAL MATURITY LEVEL:
• Strong believer in Jesus Christ with a heart for worship
• Humility and a heart to serve