This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Faith Bible Fellowship
Tallmadge, Ohio, United States
Date Posted: 06/05/2008
Categories: Worship Pastor
Church Size: 101 to 150
Job Type: Full-Time
Worship Leader Summary & Profile
Summary: Faith Bible Fellowship is seeking a creative worship pastor who will bring visionary leadership and careful oversight of the overall worship experience at our church.
Our Church Culture:
(1) We are a multi-generational church of 125 with one worship service on Sunday morning and a Sunday Evening service. We are positioned in Tallmadge, conveniently near the Tallmadge circle.
(2) Our church has already begun the transition of being a primarily hymn singing, traditional setting to a more blended worship setting. For the past 2 years we have made great strides in balancing worship and debunking the thought that one style is exclusively right.
(3) The worship service is a blended mix (yes, we know that this is rare and some do not believe "blended" is an actual style, but it actually fits our community very well!). We have worship every Sunday, currently consisting of two guitars and a piano, but we have numerous other musicians in the congregation waiting to be led. Our worship consists of everything from re-mixed hymns to Chris Tomlin, the Getty's, Hillsong United, and Desperation Band.
(4) We also have had a choir (roughly 15-20 people) that sang approximately once a month, as well as special occasions (Easter, Christmas, etc.) and takes the summers off. We are not looking for someone to come in and "just keep things running." We want someone who can creatively envision a stronger worship experience who will also exhibit patient and thoughtful leadership in taking us there.
(5) It is not expected that the worship leader prepares everything for every aspect of worship, (band, choir, tech, children's choir, drama, etc.) but we would like for the worship leader to train capable lay leaders (which some are in place) so that the worship leader could come in and lead, coach, or work with to find the best fit in the overall plan for worship at FBF.
(6) A degree or experience equivalent is preferred but not a necessity.
(1) Worship Ministry
a. Initiate and co-lead planning with Senior Pastor for all public worship services and special worship events (Sundays, praise events, etc.)
b. Serve as worship leader for these worship services and events.
i. Model a heart and lifestyle of worship before the congregation.
ii. Seek creative, relevant, and passionate ways to move our people towards an authentic encounter with God on a weekly basis.
c. Shepherd (1 Peter 5; 1 Timothy 3) volunteers involved worship ministry.
i. Mentor and oversee worship band volunteers, members, practices and schedule.
ii. *Mentor and oversee choir leaders, members, practices, and schedule.
iii. Mentor and oversee tech ministry leaders, members, meetings, and needs.
d. Work with other areas of FBF worship and creative arts ministry as needed and available (children's choirs, ensembles and soloists, worship teams, praise band, drama, instrumentalists, tech teams, audio/visual recordings, and decorators.)
(2) Assistant Pastor
a. Assist in hospital and home visitation.
b. Assist in Youth Ministry and other pastoral duties as needed.
(3) Ministry Character and Life
a. Demonstrate a balanced and faithful Christian lifestyle, pursuing a growing relationship with Jesus Christ.
b. As a pastoral or spiritual leader, carry out the biblical mandates that relate to leading (Hebrews 13:7,17), overseeing (1 Peter 5), shepherding (1 Peter 5:1-5), teaching (1 Timothy 3), equipping people for ministry (Ephesians 4:11-13), and being an example to others (1 Peter 5).
c. Support and inspire others to pursue our mission statement - "leading people into a growing relationship with Jesus Christ."
d. Represent FBF well within the Tallmadge community.
a. Meet frequently with Senior Pastor for worship planning, prayer, and spiritual growth.
b. Perform other ministry duties as necessary or assigned by senior pastor and/or elder board.
*= Choir responsibilities are a possibility, if able to lead choir they would apply, if not then they would not.
- Pray that God will direct your heart as you investigate this opportunity.
- Please contact Pastor Les Sutherland at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please attach a cover letter, resume, and references with your inquiry.