This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Director of LIFE Community (Small Groups)
First Presbyterian Church of Orlando
Orlando, Florida, United States
Date Posted: 07/13/2007
Denominations: Presbyterian -- PCUSA
Church Size: 4001 to 5000
Job Type: Full-Time
The Director of LIFE Community is responsible to provide leadership in creation, maintenance and nurturing of the LIFE model within the life of First Presbyterian Church. The Director is to be the primary spokesperson and developer of LIFE within FPCO. LIFE stands for: Living for Christ (discipleship), Inviting to Christ (evangelism), Fellowship in Christ (community) and Engaged in Christ’s Work (mission).
• Bachelor’s degree preferred.
• Have at least two or more years of experience in oversight of discipleship.
• Possess a love for the study and teaching of God’s Word.
• The ability to plan, develop and implement a Christian Education program strategy.
• A proven ability to disciple others and to cultivate and raise up teachers for the ministry of discipleship.
• Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to effectively present information and respond to inquiries from staff, leaders or congregation.
• Ability to shepherd and motivate volunteer community leaders
• Effective communication, organization, administrative, and leadership skills
• Able to support and communicate the vision, mission and values of FPCO
•Coordination of LIFE Communities
- Develop and communicate the scriptural foundations of LIFE communities for understanding among the congregation and the church officers
- Develop ministry plan and cast vision within the congregation for LIFE Communities Ministry
- Develop details of the HLC model to be used.
- Plan, organize and conduct continual training of LIFE model to leadership
- Coordinate with all areas of the church to integrate the LIFE model into all groups and ministries
- Set long and short term goals for LIFE ministry, including financial projections and budget requests
- Model LIFE by leading a community and coaching/mentoring leaders of other communities.
- Develop an evaluation system for LIFE ministry and report regularly
• Recruitment of LIFE Community leaders
• Development and implementation of training, coaching and mentoring plan for LIFE leaders
• Development and implementation of assimilation program for Congregation
• Development and implementation of a tracking system for LIFE community involvement
• Development and implementation of LIFE community communication strategy
We offer a competitive salary based on knowledge and experience. Full benefits package offered: medical, dental, life insurance, disability, flex plan, 403(b), and paid time off. No relocation benefits provided for this position.
To apply, please forward your resume and salary history to firstname.lastname@example.org or (407) 956-5839 fax.