This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Director of Christian Education
Community United Methodist Church
Half Moon Bay, California, United States
Date Posted: 07/13/2007
Denominations: United Methodist
Church Size: 151 to 250
Job Type: Full-Time
Looking for a challenge and an opportunity?
Are you excited about leading children and youth into and deepening their Christian faith?
Community United Methodist Church, Half Moon Bay, California, is looking for a Director of Christian Education. This full-time position is available July 1, 2008. If you are both innovative and creative in your approach to the Christian education of children and youth, this could be the position for you. Submit your resume by email to email@example.com.
The Director of Christian Education will support the CUMC vision to have a quality, age-appropriate, faith education program which integrates Sunday School, Summer Camps, Methodist Youth Fellowship (youth fellowship activities), Confirmation, Community Service, and other children, youth and adult activities.
The Director of Christian Education will:
• Design, implement and coordinate an innovative, challenging, and comprehensive program of Christian education for children and youth, so that young people are inspired and motivated to have a relationship with Christ, which is reflected in their lives.
• Provide direction and leadership in recruiting, training and supporting teachers, mentors and program facilitators.
• Have face-to-face engagement with children and youth. The members of the CUMC congregation will continue to share hands-on responsibility for carrying out the education/faith development components of our ministry programs.
• The Director of Christian Education will be a member of the Ministry Team and report to the Pastor.
• Minimum 2-3 years work experience with children and/or youth in a Christian setting.
• Able to communicate Christian faith as an authentic expression of one’s own identity.
• An excellent communicator with both children and adults with an emphasis on communicating Christian faith.
• Education: Four-year college degree (BA/BS). Preference will be given to candidates with training in early childhood education, adolescent development and/or Christian education.