This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Delaware Grace Brethren Church
Delaware, Ohio, United States
Date Posted: 09/13/2007
Categories: Worship Pastor
Denominations: Grace Brethren
Church Size: 501 to 750
Job Type: Full-Time
Delaware Grace is a non-traditional church of 550+ located in central Ohio. We are seeking an inspiring, creative worship leader who will guide our people into a shared vision for worship. Are you passionate about worship and leading people into a growing relationship with Jesus Christ? Please e-mail a resume and references to Gary Underwood (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Worship Pastor Summary & Profile - June 2008
Summary: Delaware Grace is seeking a creative and experienced worship pastor who will bring visionary leadership and careful oversight of the overall worship experience at our church.
Our Church Culture:
(1) We are a multi-generational church of 550 with two worship services on Sunday morning. We are uniquely positioned in Delaware County, the fastest-growing county in Ohio over the past six years, and one of the fastest-growing counties in the U.S.
(2) Because we have a strong children’s ministry and a younger senior pastor, our church attracts many younger families in their 20s and 30s.
(3) Each worship service is a blended mix. We have a worship band every Sunday that does everything from re-mixed hymns to Chris Tomlin, David Crowder, and Delirious. We also have a choir (roughly 40 people) that sings at least once a month and takes the summers off. All of this being said, we are not looking for someone to come in and “just keep things running.” We want someone who can creatively envision a stronger worship experience who will also exhibit patient and thoughtful leadership in taking us there.
(4) Each of our “teams” involved with worship ministry (band, choir, tech, children’s choir, drama, etc.) has capable lay leaders in place that a new worship leader could come in and lead, coach, and work with to find the best fit in the overall plan for worship at Grace.
(5) Learn more about Delaware Grace Brethren Church at www.dgbc.org.
Candidate profile: These qualities are considered essential as we search for the right worship pastor:
(1) A man who loves God and people. (Matthew 22:37-40; 1 Timothy 3; Titus 1).
(2) A man who demonstrates a humble and teachable heart (1 Timothy 3)
(3) A man who inspires others to follow Him as a Christian and as a worshipper. (Psalms)
(4) A creative and visionary professional who can lead our church toward a shared vision for worship on Sundays (Psalms).
(5) A man with a healthy and Christ-honoring marriage. (Ephesians 5; 1 Timothy 3; Titus 1)
(6) A man who has received significant biblical ministry training and/or spiritual mentoring of others. (1 Timothy)
(7) A man who has demonstrated the necessary skills in music, leadership, and shepherding. (Psalms)
(8) A man who is willing to develop the leaders, musicians, and volunteers around him. This person does not seek credit, spotlight, or acclaim for himself, but builds others up (Ephesians 4:11-12)
(9) A man who believes that he is called to serve the local church through worship leading. (1 Peter 5)
(1) A man who would enjoy being part of a great staff team.
(2) A man who is willing and able to lead our church’s style of worship now and in the future. In other words, one who will to get to know our church and our community before trying to force or lead our worship to be like anybody else. Let this be an organic, God-driven worship experience!
(3) A man who knows who he is, and is not defined by fads or norms of Christian music. He is not trying to be somebody else or eventually a Christian rock star.
(4) A man who has experience and desires to work with multimedia in worship events.
- Pray that God will direct your heart as you investigate this opportunity.
- Please contact Pastor Gary Underwood at email@example.com.
- Please attach a cover letter, resume, and references with your inquiry.