This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Pathway Community Church
Elmhurst, Illinois, United States
Date Posted: 07/13/2007
Categories: Youth Pastor
Church Size: 151 to 250
Job Type: Part-Time
1. Commitment to Pathway Community Church and the Lead Pastor.
2. Endorse and work in accordance with the values, mission, vision, and statement of faith of the church.
3. Must possess demonstrated biblical knowledge, an understanding and ability to relate to middle school and high school students, and the ability to teach the word of God.
4. Ability to lead, administer, communicate, and effectively work with others.
5. Must be a spiritually growing Christ-follower prepared and able to disciple others, especially students.
6. Must have a Bible College degree or comparable proven youth ministry experience.
GENERAL: To evangelize middle-school and high-school students and disciple them to grow in their love for God and others.
1. Make regular contacts with new students on their own turf, build relationships, and present the Gospel.
2. Develop a systematic discipleship plan to train and equip students to fully obey God’s word.
3. Plan and organize regular relevant events/activities to help students reach their peers for Christ.
4. Recruit volunteers to help host, disciple, and encourage students.
5. Plan and lead weekly Community Groups for middle-school students and high-school students to help them to live out the truth of God’s word.
6. Develop and train adult volunteers to help work with the youth.
7. Communicate clearly with parents about all youth activities.
8. Equip parents to better disciple their own students.
7. Provide counseling and encouragement to students in crisis as needed.
9. Help develop Annual Budget for Youth Ministry.
10. Help with other activities of the church as needed.