This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Children's Ministry Pastor
Williamsburg Community Chapel
Williamsburg, Virginia, United States
Date Posted: 06/20/2008
Categories: Children's Pastor
Church Size: 2001 to 2500
Job Type: Full-Time
Williamsburg Community Chapel is seeking the right person to serve as Children’s Ministry Pastor. The Chapel is a growing, interdenominational family of faith called to make disciples of Jesus Christ. Our Statement of Faith finds its expression in all of the great historic confessions of the true church of Jesus Christ. We currently serve approximately 450 infant – 5th grade children, 700 middle and high school students, and 1800 adults. We encourage all potential candidates to become familiar with us before making application by visiting www.wcchapel.org/about.
The Children’s Ministry Pastor will cast vision and develop and oversee volunteers, programs, and curriculum to provide a biblically-based, well-rounded ministry to children (birth - 5th grade) and their families. He or she will lead by example to build teams for Sunday children’s programming and other non-Sunday activities that reach kids for Christ, enable them to grow in their relationships to God and one another, and equip them for ministry. In collaboration with the Minister of Christian Education and other staff, he or she will plan for future growth and development of the Chapel’s Children’s Ministry.
The qualified candidate:
• Will exhibit a mature faith in Jesus Christ and reliance upon Him for all wisdom, guidance, and direction.
• Is a seasoned children’s ministry leader (5+ years of experience in church children’s ministry leadership) with proven ability to build teams and carry out the vision of the ministry.
• Understands the needs of children and parents in today’s culture.
• Is an equipper who is able to work with all kinds of people, easy to approach, warm, strong enough to confront in love, able to handle multiple tasks and the stress of leadership.
• Possesses excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Loves children and possesses an enthusiastic attitude and call to work directly with children and their families.
An advanced degree from a seminary or other educational institution with a focus on ministry is desirable.