This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Williamsburg Community Chapel
Williamsburg, Virginia, United States
Date Posted: 06/20/2008
Church Size: 2001 to 2500
Job Type: Full-Time
Williamsburg Community Chapel is a growing, interdenominational family of faith called to make disciples of Jesus Christ. Our Statement of Faith finds its expression in all of the great historic confessions of the true church of Jesus Christ. We currently serve 2200 members of our community on Sunday morning.
The Chapel is seeking the right person to lead the Communications Team’s support of the Chapel’s ministry Mission through the effective use of electronic communications, with primary emphasis upon the Chapel’s website(s).
The qualified candidate will demonstrate:
1. a call to serve the Lord and His Church,
2. the desire and ability to relate well interpersonally,
3. the ability to contribute constructively as a member of a creative team,
4. a desire for excellence,
5. initiative and creativity,
6. the ability to effectively manage multiple tasks,
7. a high level of computer proficiency,
8. and two to three (2-3) years of experience in electronic communications and web development and management.
A bachelor’s degree with an emphasis in communication technology is considered optimum.
Specific List of Responsibilities
1. Develop, implement, and maintain an effective electronic communication strategy, with primary emphasis upon the Chapel’s website(s).
a. Effectively collaborate with the other members of the Communications Team to insure an integrated communications approach.
b. Collaborate with in-house and contracted graphic designers to achieve and maintain an excellent visual representation of the Chapel and its ministries online.
c. Gather and supervise the resources necessary to insure an effective online presence for the Chapel’s ministry.
d. Maintain a proactive rather than reactive approach to serving the Chapel’s ministries
e. Insure that all website content is accurate, pertinent, and up-to-date.
f. Gather, prepare, and upload content to the Chapel website(s).
g. Employ effective means of soliciting and analyzing feedback from website users and ensure that the web design reflects user input.
2. Develop and invest in members of the Chapel family who demonstrate God-given gifts in the area of electronic communications.
3. Perform other duties as assigned by the DOC.