This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Dundee Presbyterian Church
Omaha, Nebraska, United States
Date Posted: 02/16/2011
Church Size: 1001 to 1500
Job Type: Full-Time
Job Description: DIRECTOR OF CHILDREN’S MINISTRY
Reports to: SENIOR PASTOR
To lead in the development, coordination, oversight, evaluation and staffing in all areas of children’s ministry from preschool through 6th grade. To build relationships with kids, parents and volunteers through Sunday morning, midweek, special events, personal communications and other ministry settings.
Create exciting learning environments for children in order to increase their understanding of God’s love for them and encourage a growing relationship with Jesus Christ.
Support and partner with parents in the spiritual formation of their children.
Ensure sound and relevant curriculum is selected and used that teaches Biblical principles and truths appropriate for the various developmental levels within the ministry purview.
Assist in the development of a strong volunteer and leadership staff by implementing dynamic recruiting, training, motivating and support systems that will in turn be able to reach the lost, disciple the found and inspire all children to live as fully-devoted followers of Christ.
Essential Job Functions:
1. Lead recruitment and training of ministry volunteers and substitutes. Work with volunteers so that they are knowledgeable about expectations, well-equipped to lead and engage children, and
committed to the goals of the Children’s Ministry.
2. Establish a vision for future growth for the Children’s Ministry. Set goals and objectives, and clear measures of success.
3. Manage use of facilities, plan appropriate budget for programs, delegate as appropriate and evaluate progress on a regular basis.
3.Lead in the review and selection of curriculum materials and educational tools for children's ministries programs.
4. Plan, staff and oversee Sunday morning and mid-week children’s activities so that they are engaging, spiritually enriching, and well-organized.
5. Provide leadership for summer children’s activities, including Vacation Bible School.
6. Work with ministry team and staff to plan, organize and help lead Dundee Summer Camp.
7. Participate and lead in worship as appropriate.
8. Develop and implement a system that equips staff and volunteers to ensure a welcoming, safe and structured environment.
Qualifications, Skills, Abilities:
Must be a committed follower of Jesus Christ, demonstrating Christian maturity and a deep and prayerful dependence upon God.
Has a passion for working with children and helping them grow in their relationship with God.
Degree in Education or related/relevant field.
Professional or volunteer experience in church ministry to children, and knowledge of childhood development.
Successful experience building teams and recruiting volunteers.
Strong leadership, creative teaching approaches, excellent organizational and problem solving skills.
Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to foster teamwork in a positive atmosphere with both staff and volunteers.
Well organized with solid administration and communication skills and computer proficiency.
High level of energy, creativity, relevancy and capacity to learn and grow.