This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Director of Music & Fine Arts
Calvary Lutheran Church
Apollo Beach, Florida, United States
Date Posted: 06/20/2008
Categories: Worship Pastor
Church Size: 501 to 750
Job Type: Full-Time
DIRECTOR OF MUSIC & FINE ARTS
Calvary Evangelical Lutheran Church of Apollo Beach, Florida, is seeking a full time Director of Music and Fine Arts. Located in the rapidly growing south shore area of Hillsborough County, Calvary seeks a dynamic and passionate leader to assist in growing this mission at both the current location and the new mission center on a 25 acre site, planned to open in the fall of 2009. Our ideal candidate will be passionate about his/her relationship with God, will provide strong leadership for the music ministry, and will be a proficient musician and an excellent manager. He should also be a very good planner and organizer with the ability to communicate effectively in front of the congregation and to those who are serving with him. He must possess an ability to instill his passion and inspire others to strive to present to God their very best talent. He will assist the pastoral staff in planning appropriate music, direct all types of groups - instrumental and vocal, or other forms of fine arts that will help develop the theme of the service.
ACCOUNTABLE TO: Reports to the Business Manager and is responsible to the Mission Team.
PURPOSE: To serve the church by developing, coordinating and administering an effective music and fine-arts ministry of the church, and providing leadership to and supervision of staff members and volunteers involved in this ministry.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. In consultation with the Senior Pastor, develop and administer a vision of music and drama that incorporates the finest in traditional, liturgical, contemporary and renewal worship practices and demonstrate an appreciation for and use of a variety of expressions of fine arts.
2. Oversee music and drama programs for all weekly, specialty services and special events throughout the year by planning and providing for the musical components of the services, as well as rehearsing and conducting the various music teams.
3. Establish departmental goals and objectives by prioritizing related programs, managing the use of facilities and resources, develo n appropriate budget, delegating tasks and evaluating progress regularly.
4. Recruit and work with music and drama teams for participation in church worship drama and fine-arts ministry.
5. Establish music teams to assist in a broad variety of musical programs, including adult, teens and children.
6. Oversee the maintenance of the church music library and secure required licensing and copyright records.
7. Supervise and oversee all paid staff and volunteers in the music and drama programs, including the technical director for audio/visual support.
8. Administer the work of the Department of Music and Fine Arts by encouraging teamwork and mutual support, and by providing leadership and nurturing to staff members who work in all departments.
9. Oversee the maintenance of the church’s musical instruments and ensure appropriate contracts are in place for their continued maintenance.
10. Attend Leadership and Mission Team meetings and retreats.
11. Attend staff meetings and retreats.
12. Perform other duties as requested by the Senior Pastor/Business Manager.
1. A clear, personal and mature relationship with Jesus Christ expressed in a warm, caring personality and moral and emotional strength.
2. Demonstrated ability to supervise paid staff and volunteer personnel in a broad, multifaceted program.
3. Excellent organizational, communication and delegation skills; a genuine infectious enthusiasm and the ability to identify musical gifts and stimulate participation in and development of musical abilities in the congregation.
4. Creative and innovative self-starter.
5. Working knowledge of music and presentation software.
6. Experience with large group musical ministries preferred, but not required.
7. Degree in music preferred, but not required.
8. Musical proficiency. Keyboard preferred.
COMPETITIVE COMPENSATION & BENEFITS PACKAGE