This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Christian Education Director
Trinity Lutheran Church
Fairview Village, Pennsylvania, United States
Date Posted: 06/20/2008
Church Size: 251 to 350
Job Type: Part-Time
Trinity Lutheran Church, located in beautiful Worcester Township in Montgomery County, Pennsylvania is a spirit filled, friendly community where you can worship the Lord and grow in your faith life by serving Jesus and the body of Christ. Our mission is to baptize, teach the faith and make disciples for Jesus.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, energetic Christian Education Director grounded in Christian faith. This position is responsible for planning, communicating and executing various Christian Education programs, including Sunday school, Vacation Bible School, and First Communion class, and various mission/service projects. This position also provides programming assistance for adult education programs.
Major Areas of Responsibilities:
• Plan and execute weekly Sunday school program and special events (i.e. Christmas Pageant, Rally Day, Vacation Bible School, mission/service projects, etc.)
• Recruit, train and schedule teachers and volunteers.
• Review, purchase and distribute Sunday school curricula, materials and supplies.
• Communicate programming, special events, offerings, etc. to parents and children.
• Administer Sunday school program, including classroom set up, attendance, teacher needs, parent questions, visitor reception, TCNKS classroom check, etc.
• Lead large group Sunday morning children’s sermons/music (or recruit a volunteer to lead sermons/music).
• Coordinate First Communion class by preparing materials and logistics and coaches lay parents on presenting materials.
• Lead TCNKS monthly chapel program and class visits.
• Assist Associate Pastor with reviewing, planning, purchasing and distributing Adult Forum and small group curricula.
• Assist Associate Pastor with recruiting, training and scheduling Adult Forum teachers and small group leaders.
• Provide leadership and planning for special events, including various retreats, Lenten and Advent programs, teacher/small group leader appreciation dinner, etc.
• Leads Weekday Bible study.
• Coordinate staff/programs in support of other programs (i.e. Youth, Nursery School, Social Ministries, etc.) to ensure program synergies.
• Communicate and promote department activities through the use of various tools, i.e. Trinity Trumpet articles, bulletin inserts, LCD slides, web site materials, brochures, bulletin boards, etc.
• Provide timely status of program by attending staff meetings, preparing monthly council reports, preparing monthly calendar of Christian Education activities, etc.
• Ensure all volunteers have successfully completed the Background Check process.
• Assist Pastor with confirmation program logistics.
• Oversight of the Christian Education budget.
• Coordinate various fund raising events.
• Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
• Active in Christian church worship, adult faith formation and a practicing biblical steward
• Positive role model for Christian faith and witness
• Spiritual gift of teaching the faith
• Bachelor’s degree in education or related degree, or equivalent experience
• Three to five years teaching experience, or equivalent
• Successful presenter and trainer, skilled in a variety of teaching strategies
• Demonstrable ability to work with all ages of children in a learning environment
• Previous leadership experience, indicating an understanding of the working relationship within church congregational volunteer organizations
• Excellent strategic planning, communication, analytical, creative and presentation skills
• Proven ability to excel in achieving measured goals
• Strong oral, written and listening communication skills
• Previous experience in volunteer management with passion for volunteers and personal history of volunteering
• Ability to lead and motivate staff
• Self starter with ability to delegate
• Good time management and organizational skills
• Ability to establish good rapport and communication with adult volunteers, staff and church leadership – good team player
• High energy, enthusiastic and creative
• Demonstrable PC skills, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, email and internet
• Training in CPR
This position is posted as a part-time position with irregular work hours. Although the position is expected to be present on Sunday mornings the position does allow some flexibility. This position may require evenings and/or weekends as necessary. Based on the applicant’s qualifications and experience, additional responsibilities may be added resulting in full time employment.
To be considered for this position, please send your resume and cover letter to Dianna Graham at firstname.lastname@example.org.