This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Director of Youth Ministry
Youth Ministry Director
Newport Beach, California, United States
Date Posted: 12/15/2008
Categories: Youth Pastor
Church Size: 251 to 350
Job Type: Full-Time
Job Description: YOUTH MINISTRY DIRECTOR
This Position Is: Full Time
Hours per week: Between 40-50
Department: Youth Ministries – St. James Church, Newport Beach, CA
Staff Supervisor: Cobb Grantham, Vestry Liaison to the Staff
Primary Purpose of Position:
To serve St. James youth by developing, coordinating and administering an effective and comprehensive ministry to the junior/senior high and their families. To provide leadership and supervision to the volunteers and other members involved in this ministry.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Develop, coordinate and guide a comprehensive ministry for the youth of St. James.
2. Develop one-on-one relationships with youth by being a friend and a positive role model.
3. Teach regular Sunday morning classes and midweek Bible Studies. Also, establish midweek fellowship groups for nurturing and discipling.
4. Develop and disciple youth leaders. Also, recruit, train and motivate other volunteers for leadership in youth ministries.
5. Communicate program plans with parents through regular mailings, parent meetings, e-mail, etc.
6. Plan and coordinate camps, conferences, retreats and trips.
7. Implement service and missions projects, semi-annually for youth to grow in service to the Lord.
8. Work with appropriate committees, vestry and clergy to carry out the youth ministry of the church.
9. Attend staff meetings and retreats
Key Relationships: Youth and their parents, Clergy and Children/Family Ministry Director
Qualifications and Gift Assessment:
• Living in relationship with the Lord
• Passion for youth students’ spiritual development
• Strong leadership & teaching skills
• Ability to model healthy relationships with parents
• Proactive – initiates and follows through to action
• Proficient with written and verbal communication
• Servant’s heart
• Team player