This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Director of Christian Education and Leadership Development
First Baptist Church
Augusta, Kansas, United States
Date Posted: 06/13/2008
Church Size: 351 to 500
Job Type: Full-Time
DIRECTOR OF CHRISTIAN EDUCATION
And LEADERSHIP DEVELOPMENT
Ministry Focus: Ministries of the church that involve Christian Education, Program and Leadership Development.
Relationships: The Director of Christian Education and Outreach shall be a full-time staff member of the church and serve under the direction of the Christian Education Department and the senior pastor. He/She shall be an ex-officio member of the Christian Education department and committees to which he/she is assigned by the senior pastor.
Qualifications: The Director of Christian Education and Outreach shall be a strong mature Christian. He/She shall have as a minimum a Bachelors degree in related fields with additional training or experience in program and leadership development. He/She should have the ability to work with people and coordinate ministries and programs within the church that involve all aspects of Christian Education.
Responsibilities: The Director of Christian Education and Outreach responsibilities shall include:
• Work closely with the Christian Education Department to develop all aspects of the Christian Education ministry of the church.
• Encourage people to explore and use their spiritual gifts; equipping leaders, volunteers and teams through training and support.
• Assist the Christian Education Department in providing leadership development training for church leaders.
• Assume other responsibilities as assigned by the senior pastor in keeping with the scope of this job description.
• Work closely with the Sunday School Superintendents to enhance Christian Education opportunities for children and families.
• Work with the Christian Education Department to implement Year-Round programs for Christian Education.
• Assist in curriculum development that benefits children and families.
• Research new and additional materials for Sunday School and Small Groups.
• Create new programs for children and families as the need/opportunity arises.
• Develop and implement innovative ways to make Christian Education more effective through continuing education.
• Assist in identifying, recruiting and equipping leaders/teachers for Sunday School and Small Groups.
• Be an advocate within the church for Christian Education
This position will be based on a minimum of a flexible 40 hour work week as determined through consultation with the Pastoral Staff.
All leave is subject to the current Staff Leave and Benefits Policy.