This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Youth/Christian Education Director
Trinity Lutheran Church
Fairview Village, Pennsylvania, United States
Date Posted: 06/20/2008
Categories: Youth Pastor
Church Size: 251 to 350
Job Type: Full-Time
Trinity Lutheran Church, located in beautiful Worcester Township in Montgomery County, Pennsylvania is a spirit filled, friendly community where you can worship the Lord and grow in your faith life by serving Jesus and the body of Christ. Our mission is to baptize, teach the faith and make disciples for Jesus.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, energetic Youth Director/Christian Education Director grounded in Christian faith. This position is responsible for developing, coordinating and directing activities for the Youth Ministry Program for youth in grades 6 through 12 and for planning, communicating and executing various Christian Education programs for ages 3 to 12th grade and for assisting with the adult faith formation programs.
• Provide age appropriate programming with an average of two activities each month:
• Form a Parent Advisory Group and facilitate meetings on a quarterly basis. The Parent Advisory Group reviews and provides feedback on the Youth Ministry Program, advises the Youth Director, approves activities and provides the Youth Director with support as requested.
o Equip parent and other adult volunteers to assist with planning and delivery of Youth Group programming.
• Coordinate Social and Service activities for the Confirmation Ministry and other social activities.
• Plan and execute weekly Sunday school program and special events (i.e. Christmas Pageant, Rally Day, Vacation Bible School, mission/service projects, etc.)
• Recruit, train and schedule teachers and volunteers.
• Review, purchase and distribute Sunday school curricula, materials and supplies.
• Communicate programming, special events, offerings, etc. to parents and children.
• Administer Sunday school program, including classroom set up, attendance, teacher needs, parent questions, visitor reception, TCNKS classroom check, etc.
• Lead large group Sunday morning children’s sermons/music (or recruit a volunteer to lead sermons/music).
• Coordinate First Communion class by preparing materials and logistics and coaches lay parents on presenting materials.
• Lead Nursery School monthly chapel program and class visits.
• Assist Associate Pastor with reviewing, planning, purchasing and distributing Adult Forum and small group curricula.
• Assist Associate Pastor with recruiting, training and scheduling Adult Forum teachers and small group leaders.
• Provide leadership and planning for special events, including various retreats, Lenten and Advent programs, teacher/small group leader appreciation dinner, etc.
• Leads Weekday Bible study.
• Develop and maintain a budget and coordinate fundraising activities, including grant opportunities.
• Develop a marketing plan that clearly communicates upcoming activities, results of activities and encourages youth to get involved through the use of various tools, i.e. Trinity Trumpet articles, bulletin inserts, LCD slides, web site materials, brochures, bulletin boards, etc.
• Coordinate staff/programs in support of other programs (i.e. Youth, Nursery School, Social Ministries, etc.) to ensure program synergies.
• Provide timely status of program by attending staff meetings, preparing monthly council reports, preparing monthly calendar of activities, etc.
• Ensure all volunteers have successfully completed the Background Check process.
• Assist Pastor with confirmation program logistics.
• Ensure the youth have FUN while growing in faith.
• Other duties as assigned.
Education, Skills and Abilities
• High school education or equivalent
• Advanced degree in related field, desired
• 2 to 5 years experience in developing programs and curriculum and directing youth activities
• Grounded in spirit led faith, actively pursuing disciplined life in prayer, study, and service and positive role model for Christian faith and witness
• Spiritual gift of teaching the faith
• Demonstrable ability to work with all ages of children in a learning environment
• Previous experience in a non-profit environment, helpful
• Previous leadership experience, indicating an understanding of the working relationship within church congregational volunteer organizations, passion for volunteers and personal history of volunteering
• Ability to work with and gain support from parents, congregation and existing ministry team
• Excellent strategic planning, communication, analytical, creative and presentation skills
• Trained in CPR
• Strong organizational skills
• Strong verbal, written and listening communication skills
• Ability to discipline as appropriate
• Energetic and enthusiastic
• Demonstrable PC skills, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, email and internet
To be considered for this position, please send your resume and cover letter to Dianna Graham at firstname.lastname@example.org.