This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Children & Family Ministries Coordinator
Lutheran Church of the Good Shepherd
Reno, Nevada, United States
Date Posted: 06/16/2008
Church Size: 251 to 350
Job Type: Full-Time
Lutheran Church of the Good Shepherd is an active, growing church in downtown Reno, Nevada. In addition to this position, our staff includes two pastors, a full-time Ministry Coordinator, a full-time secretary, and multiple part-time employees and volunteers. Because of our growth and change, there is flexibility in the implementation, development, and renewal of children & family programs, as we continually evaluate based on the objective below. A detailed list of current programs and tasks associated with the position is available on request.
Objective: Inspiring, intentional, and intergenerational faith formation in children birth-8th grade and their families—including opportunities to learn about God, connect with community, mature in faith, and follow Christ.
1. Provide leadership to the leaders of these ministries through recruiting, training, supporting, resourcing, and communicating.
2. Develop new ways of reaching out to families (especially families without church backgrounds) and helping them integrate into Good Shepherd through participation and service.
3. Develop relationships with existing church families and encourage them in their discipleship in the midst of busy lives. Worship regularly at 9 a.m. service.
4. Coordinate, develop, evaluate, and support existing and new ministries to children & families, with the support and collaboration of the Faith Formation Steering Committee.
5. Lead the implementation and ongoing development of children and youth safety policies (adopted 2008).
6. Partner with Associate Pastor to administer confirmation program for 7th-8th-graders and develop community in this age group.
1. Able to articulate one’s own growing, inspiring, and intentional Christian faith, congruent with Lutheran tradition.
2. Have a passion for children, families, learning, and Christian community.
3. Able to teach Christian faith to children and parents in age-appropriate and creative ways.
4. Relate well to adults and children through 8th grade.
5. At least two years work experience that includes leadership of leaders (i.e. as a supervisor).
6. 4-year college degree in any field; background in education and/or Christianity preferred.
Supervised by: Associate Pastor
Starting salary: $31,000-$33,000 with benefits
Start date: negotiable, ASAP (goal of August 1 at the latest)
Please send cover letter, resume, and three references to email@example.com