This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Blended/Contemporary Music Director
Trinity Lutheran Church
Fairview Village, Pennsylvania, United States
Date Posted: 06/18/2008
Categories: Worship Pastor
Church Size: 251 to 350
Job Type: Part-Time
Trinity Lutheran Church, located in beautiful Worcester Township in Montgomery County, Pennsylvania is a spirit filled, friendly community where you can worship the Lord and grow in your faith life by serving Jesus and the body of Christ. Our mission is to baptize, teach the faith and make disciples for Jesus.
We are looking for a Blended/Contemporary Music Director grounded in Christian faith. This position is responsible for visioning, planning, communicating, rehearsing and delivering blended/contemporary worship service and various music programs that inspire growth in attendance and growth in spirit among worshipers. This position also provides programming assistance for the traditional music program as needed.
• Communicate a joyful spiritual health to the worshiping congregation and volunteers through music.
• Provide visioning and planning for blended/contemporary worship and various other music programs/projects.
• Provide musical worship leadership for various music programs.
• Supervise tuning and maintenance of instruments and sound equipment.
• Organize and maintain music library.
• Schedule events and rehearsals in advance and in conjunction with other events on church office master calendar.
• Work in concert with other programs and leaders of the Church to maximize the spiritual gifts of others in the church, especially the Youth Program and Sunday School program to encourage youth to get involved and develop their musical talents for worship and praise.
• Communicate and promote department activities through the use of various tools (i.e. Trinity Trumpet articles, bulletin inserts, LCD slides, brochures, bulletin boards, etc.)
• Update music web page weekly and/or as needed to keep current and fresh.
• Participates in the Music Department budget process and grant writing opportunities.
• Coordinate various fund raising events in support of the music department budget.
• Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
• Active in Christian church worship, adult faith formation and a practicing biblical steward
• Positive role model for Christian faith and witness
• Spiritual gift of teaching the faith through music
• Bachelor’s degree in music or related degree, or equivalent experience
• Three to five years experience as Music Director in a church setting, or equivalent
• Three to five years experience directing/playing/singing blended/contemporary music
• Demonstrable ability to work with all ages of children in a musical learning environment
• Previous leadership experience, indicating an understanding of the working relationship within church congregational volunteer organizations
• Excellent strategic planning, communication, analytical, creative and presentation skills
• Proven ability to excel in achieving measured goals
• Strong oral, written and listening communication skills
• Previous experience in volunteer management with passion for volunteers and personal history of volunteering
• Ability to lead and motivate staff
• Self starter with ability to delegate
• Good time management and organizational skills
• Ability to establish good rapport and communication with adult volunteers, staff and church leadership – good team player
• High energy, enthusiastic and creative
• Demonstrable PC skills, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, email and internet
The Blended/contemporary Music Director is a part-time position with irregular work hours. Although the Director is expected to be present on Sunday mornings and weeknights for rehearsals, the position does allow for some flexibility.