This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Associate Minister of Youth and Education
The Neighborhood Church, U.C.C.
Palos Verdes Estates, California, United States
Date Posted: 06/18/2008
Categories: Youth Pastor
Church Size: 351 to 500
Job Type: Full-Time
- We seek an energetic, dynamic Associate Minister to become a member of our leadership team. Our candidate will create and implement a vision for a comprehensive children and youth program that provides the children with a path to spiritual awareness and increased responsibility as they progress from the nursery though high school. Many strong program elements are already in place, what is lacking is an overarching vision and strategic plan.
Areas of Responsibility
- K-12 church school vision and strategy
- K-12 worship
- K-12 mission
- K-12 pastoral care
- Youth Group (youth fellowship)
- Confirmation program
- Vacation Bible School
- New programs
Key elements of the position:
- Salary and benefits including healthcare and housing allowance – with flexible configuration
- Collaborative work environment; fun, professional ministerial team and staff
- Opportunities to be grow and learn depending on candidate’s interests: preaching, adult education, etc.
- Innovation and new ideas are welcome.
- Church site located on cliffs above Santa Monica Bay with view from Redondo Beach to Malibu.
Multiple levels of Support
- An annual budget for programs, supplies and activities.
- A staff member: director of children’s ministries who is an excellent administrator and has managed the week to week church school program for 21 years.
- Well established children and youth choirs with strong leadership and very good participation. (Music ministry does not report to the Associate minister, but each will support the other willingly)
- The Board of Christian Education which serves as a sounding board and support for church school and the children and youth programs
- Parents who care and are interested in the success of the program. They will participate (or not!) as requested either up-front or behind the scenes.
- A congregation that values its children and youth and those who work with them.