“They all realized they were in a place of holy mystery, that God was at work among them. They were quietly worshipful–and then noisily grateful, calling out among themselves, ‘God is back, looking to the needs of his people!’” –Luke 7:16
As leaders, we cannot be satisfied with the level of results we are having in our answers to prayer, miracles and the supernatural. All that we believe should happen in our world is found in the clear Word of God. Jesus is the same always – when He performed miracles in the Bible and today. The Holy Spirit is obviously still working miracles all over the world and He promises to work miracles in our world.
We must not settle for less than what the Word of God has clearly stated to be our rights to believe and contend for. God has something that is good, miraculous and life changing. Great leaders have faith for the supernatural – for God to visit your world and ministry with His unlimited power.
Miracles are the direct work of God’s power, and without miracles the church cannot live. The leader’s first step to positioning the church to see an increase of the miraculous is to have a basic realization of two things.
First, realize the place we dwell may be too small. Our spiritual capacity, our place of faith is too small. The solution? Build a new house! The second realization is that our spiritual passion is too low. It needs to be shaken up and stretched. Our comfort zone needs to be invaded. We need to raise the level of our prayer and passion and increase in our spiritual gifts.
Once we make these realizations we must make seven basic leadership determinations to build our faith and the faith of others for the supernatural.
1. Cultivate a strong desire and determination to discover and practice all that church was meant to be.
2. Root up all wrong theology concerning the supernatural, miracles and gifts of the Spirit.
3. Be willing to make whatever paradigm and practice shifts necessary in order to move into the supernatural.
4. Break into unfamiliar territory in spite of little results at times – and do it with boldness!
5. Commit to being patient with yourself and with God as you learn in the school of the Spirit.
6. Pursue an understanding of spiritual alignment that aligns your spirit into agreement with God’s word and God’s Spirit.
7. Cultivate new, strong desires for the supernatural that affects the entire congregation.
Let us determine to lead our churches and communities into seeing more supernatural activity today!
This article was provided by our partner, Frank Damazio, Pastor of City Bible Church and the Chairman of Ministers Fellowship International, a fellowship of thousands of churches nationwide and around the world.
To read more on Pastor Frank's blog click here.
To learn more about Frank and read Pastor Frank's sermons click here.